Carolina Blue Blood Transfusion Needed – Get Involved!
Do you bleed Carolina Blue? Are you a Tar Heel through and through? If so, “WE NEED YOU!” The Cabarrus County Carolina Club is searching for some new blood for our leadership team. We need alumni of all ages to step up and help make our club the best it can be.
We need some dedicated individuals to stand up and take their places. As a leadership team, we seek ways to fulfill the mission of Carolina Clubs in our community:
Each Carolina Club focuses on the goals listed below.
- Encourage alumni and friends of UNC to continue an interest in the University.
- Connect Tar Heels, in your area, with one another for social and business relationship building.
- Provide continuing education and enrichment experiences for alumni and friends of the University, showcasing our faculty, administrators and athletic programs.
- Provide alumni and friends of UNC with an opportunity to offer ideas back to the University.
- Encourage alumni to become members of the General Alumni Association.
- Provide scholarships and other support to UNC students from the local area.
- Serve your community through sponsoring a community service activities that reflect the University’s mission of service.
We accomplish these through a number of activities during the year including game watches, summer send-off, socials, service projects, scholarship program and others. In order for our club to be its best, we need strong leadership to guide the club so that we accomplish the mission.
Do you have a couple of hours a month to give back to your University through your alumni club? We would love to have you involved, whether you are a recent graduate or one with some years of experience under your belt. For more information or to volunteer contact David Jones (’82), Secretary-Treasurer. He may be reached at email@example.com.